Friday, August 7, 2009

In the World, that's for sure.

Well, after a painful and extensive search, I found a job shortly after that last post. I'm currently a Community Marketing Associate for Wyndham Vacation Resorts. Sounds pretty cool, huh? Yeah it sounds pretty cool. I wish it actually was. I definitely thought it was going to be (obviously or I wouldn't have taken the job) and it has since let me down. I have now been working for 5 weeks with only one of the those weeks actually being a good week. Unfortunately it was the first week and I've been internally and somewhat externally debating whether I should stick with it for the past month.

I hit some speed bumps thats for sure. Personal life stuff that affected my demeanor and motivation at work. Seriously sick for almost 2 weeks with quite a few days missed. And overall concern around the office about the change in management. Everyone has been treading very lightly around the subject but the tension is unmistakable and very disheartening. So im very discreetly looking around for another job while trying to keep up a smile at my current job.

I think i've been most disappointed in this job with the lack of thought involved. I was raised and have always been encouraged to use my noggin. No one wants you to use your brain in this establishment. Do what you're told and only think about how much money you're making doing absolutely nothing of value. I want to improve myself, to be a part of a free-thinking environment where learning is a major focus. Don't get me wrong, its not a bad environment, there's just not really anything to learn from this job, there's nothing to move on to, it is and will be what it already is. There's nothing more.

Oh its all just silliness. Once again, ill barrel through this uncertainty and hopefully come out on the other end a stronger, more empowered and motivated individual. Money is the unfortunate and desiccating bane of my youthfully idealistic existence. Money sucks. To put it intelligently.

Ok, going to Michael's for some canvas and paint (which I can't really afford) then going home to create some inspired decorations for my apartment. Inspiration: my bistro table. It's called the Amelia table. It's from World Market and its perfect. Perfect colors, perfect floral pattern. Hopefully creating something that will complement it's brilliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment